Benefits of Changing Your Oil
If you’ve ever had a car engine seize up on you, leak oil, or catch fire, you know the importance of motor oil to an engine. Oil lubricates the moving parts of your engine, keeping them in running order and preventing them from seizing up. More than that, though, oil cleans your engine, prevents rust and corrosion, and keeps the engine from overheating. Without regular oil changes, your engine won’t work.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an auto accident, contact the Milwaukee car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874 today.
When Should I Change My Oil?
Knowing when to change your oil is an inexact science, since it really depends on how and where you drive your car. In general, you should:
- Change your oil at least every 5,000 miles.
- Get your oil filter changed every time you have your oil changed.
Additionally, you should get your motor oil changed more frequently if:
- You drive quickly, or accelerate quickly. The more stress you put on your engine, the more frequently you’ll need to change your oil.
- You live in an area that has extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- You often drive on dirt surfaces or other poorly paved roads.
- You haul heavy items in your car or truck.
- You have an older engine.
Regularly changing your oil can help prevent your engine from seizing up (or catching on fire), and can help reduce accidents caused by mechanical failure.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an automobile accident, contact the Milwaukee car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874 today.