Dangers of Large Trucks
Semi-trucks and 18 wheelers are involved in approximately 11% of all auto accidents, but they only make up about 4% of traffic in the United States. This relatively high accident rate can be attributed in large part to the dangerous nature of the vehicle and the dangerous situations the trucking lifestyle puts on its drivers. In addition to the high occurrence of accidents, large trucks are dangerous because their accidents tend to result in more property damage, physical injury, and death than accidents between smaller vehicles.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of an accident involving a large truck, you may be eligible for compensation of medical expenses, property repair costs, emotional trauma, and other expenses related to the accident. Our Milwaukee auto accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. are dedicated to seeking justice on behalf of our clients. Call our offices today at 800-242-2874 to discuss your case.
Large trucks can endanger other motorists in a number of ways, but some of the most common dangers that large trucks pose include:
- Larger blind spots that might prevent a trucker from see you in the lane next to them.
- Long hours for truck drivers, which can cause them to drive while fatigued.
- Brake problems which occur with some regularity and can cause a truck to have trouble stopping.
- A truck’s weight makes it much more likely to cause serious damage in an accident.
- Trucks frequently have tire blowouts, which can cause them to lose control or debris to hit surrounding vehicles.
Any of these dangers could cause you or a loved one to be seriously injured in an accident. If this is the case, you should not have to shoulder the financial burden of your injuries and other losses.
Our Milwaukee truck accident attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. want to help you obtain financial compensation if you’ve been injured in a truck accident due to another person’s negligence. Call us at 800-242-2874 to discuss your case.