Driving in the Rain
While car accidents are quite common, they occur more often in inclement weather, especially when it rains. As you may have heard in driver’s education, you can be the safest driver on the road and exercise proper caution in the rain, but if a fellow motorist is inexperienced or driving recklessly, there may be no amount of care that can protect you from an accident.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident that occurred in the rain, contact the Milwaukee car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 to learn more about building a personal injury case.
Tips for Driving Safely in the Rain
The common dangers associated with operating an automobile increase when it rains. In addition to the basic safety you should exercise when driving in normal weather, driving in the rain requires extra attention. Some tips for driving safely in the rain are:
- Drive slower and allow for more time to reach your destination so you aren’t tempted to speed
- Keep a bigger distance between you and the car in front of you
- Brake earlier and with less force than usual to avoid skidding
- Avoid using cruise control, as it increases your chance of an accident if you hydroplane
- Keep your headlights on, both so you can see and so other motorists can see you
While these tips may help you avoid an accident, every situation may require different levels of caution to keep you safe. Of course, while you may exercise caution, you cannot dictate the actions of your fellow motorists.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a rain-related car accident, the Milwaukee car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may be able to help you. Contact us today at 800-242-2874 for more information.