Drunk Driving Statistics Worth Knowing
Everyone knows that drinking and driving is extremely dangerous. It causes drivers to have slower reaction times and decreased judgment skills, therefore greatly increasing the risk of having an accident. Despite this knowledge, countless people each year decide to drive after drinking, putting themselves and other motorists in danger.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a drunk driver, it is normal to feel angry, confused, and to want to seek justice. Contact a compassionate Milwaukee drunk driving attorney from Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today to learn more about your legal rights by calling 800-242-2874.
As a victim of a drunk driver, it is important to know that you are not alone. The following statistics may help put your experience into perspective:
- More than one person every hour—over 10,000 people total—will die this year due to an alcohol-related accident.
- In the U.S., every minute another person is injured in a drunk driving accident.
- The average person convicted of drunk driving had driven drunk 87 times before finally being caught.
- Between 50 – 75% of those convicted of drunk driving still drive while their licenses are suspended.
- 250 of the 605 car accident deaths in Wisconsin in 2008 were related to alcohol
The Milwaukee drunk driving lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. encourage the victims of drunk drivers to seek both emotional support through support groups and legal action with the help of an experienced attorney.
Please call Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today to discuss your situation with one of our Milwaukee drunk driving attorneys. Let us help you seek the justice and financial compensation that you need. Call us at 800-242-2874 for more information.