Filing an Insurance Claim
No matter how safe we are on the road, it is difficult to avoid other drivers’ reckless behavior. Therefore, accidents on the road are sometimes unavoidable occurrences. If you are involved in a car accident, you will likely file a claim with your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company. Here are the basic steps you should take to file a claim after you have been involved in a car accident:
- First, make sure to get the other driver’s insurance information. This information includes the policy number, license plate, and the driver’s name and phone number.
- Second, if a police report was taken at the accident, send the report along to your insurance agent to help speed up the claims process. The report can be found at your city’s police department.
- If you do want to file a claim, contact your insurance agent and go over your options concerning deductible amounts, towing fees, and repair costs.
- File a claim immediately. If possible, do so the same day as the car accident occurred. The longer you wait, the less you will remember about the accident. Most insurance companies have 24-hour claims services so you may call any time of day or night.
- Consult an experienced car accident attorney. An attorney can help you deal with the insurance companies and help protect your legal right to fair compensation.
If you have been involved in a car accident, you may benefit from having an experienced accident attorney on your side. Contact the Milwaukee car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, today by calling 800-242-2874.